“I am a child
I have come into your world
About which I know nothing
You hold in your hand my destiny
You determine largely
Whether I shall succeed or fail
Teach me, I pray you,
That I may be a blessing to the World.”
A pioneering effort was started way back in 1984 by Kumaran Group of schools to
help children with learning difficulties
The resource facility is a unique service provided to assist children with specific
learning difficulties and socio –emotional behavior issues. Trained special educators
cater to the special education needs and emotional needs of these children. The
special educators identify the children and plan remedial program for them. The
remedial sessions are held during the school hours and on Saturdays. Parent counseling
and student counseling are integral part of this facility.
“If a child cannot learn the way we teach, we teach the child the way the child can
Interaction and training
- Teachers are encouraged to attend a number of workshops in order to keep abreast
of the latest development with regard to class management, teaching methodology
and interaction with children and parents.
- Resource persons are invited to school to enlighten our teachers about the various
aspects of teaching at the nursery level on the basis of present day requirements.
- In service training is provided to teachers in order to orient them to the various
aspects of teaching.
- Class teachers are given guidelines so that children with special education needs
are helped in the classroom too. Home-based programs are also planned in order to
reinforce their learning at home.
Parent Teacher Meeting
We have always believed interaction with parents regularly helps to encourage and
accelerate the child’s progress in our school system .We work in conjunction with
parents so that there is proper co-ordination between the teachers and the parents.
In view of this, parent –teacher meetings are held once in two months. Parents are
allotted time slots so that they have the unique opportunity to discuss personally
and privately the progress of children.
The School Information Management System is an online platform called Pupil Pod
developed by Thoughtnet.
PupilPod School Connect:
School Connect is a technology solution that helps schools improve sophistication
in administration and interaction with parents. It aims to help teachers and staff
to reduce the time spent on administrative tasks.
The user friendly features of this software include
- Online registration for new parents for admission
- Important announcements related to school events are available on the web. Refer
- Educational applications like assessment reports, online report cards
- Administrative and operational applications like student and parent data, transport,
online payment of fees, online merchandise, survey forms for parents and school
- Interaction and collaboration applications like messages, emails, alerts, online
circulars, survey form for parents